Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Favorite September Restaurants

My favorite spots I went to this month... 


Los Agaves 
Santa Barbara 

This casual restaurant covers all the bases - great atmosphere, amazing salsa bar, and food that is not only presented beautifully, but is bursting with fresh flavor. You order at the counter, then take a seat and your food is delivered to the table. The decor and the food are colorful and inviting, and the staff is happy and friendly. I can't wait to go back! 

Amazingggg salsa. 


Halibut and shrimp enchiladas covered in chipotle sauce. Served with rice and a salad with papaya-mango dressing. 


Carne asada and chorizo. Served with refried beans, avocado, and homemade corn tortillas. 






Arch Rock Fish 
Santa Barbara 

Ok, so it's no secret that I work here. It's also no secret that I'm always coming in to eat on my days off. Most people can't wait to get out of their job place, but for me, I truly love this restaurant and I come in for the same reason our customers come in - the ambiance, the staff, and of course the food and cocktails. The vibe inside is romantic, cozy, fun, laid back, and classy all rolled into one. The staff is friendly and amazing. And the food is soooo good. Every time I try something new I am impressed by our chef all over again. I love to come in for a relaxing and romantic dinner in the dining room, or for a fun happy hour in the bar with my friends. If you haven't tried it, come visit me : )

I always start my meal with our caesar salad because it's just perfect. The crisp lettuce, creamy and tangy dressing, juicy tomatoes, and homemade croutons make it the best ever. 


One of my favorites, the miso cod. Fresh cod glazed in a sauce made with white miso, honey, ginger, and fresno chilies, served on top of baby bok choy. Sooo delicious. 


Beer steamed mussels. This dish converted me to a mussel fan. The broth is just ridiculous, you'll want to lick the bowl clean. The mussels are steamed in beer, and the broth is made with lobster stock, garlic, shallots, whole grain mustard, creme fraiche, and chives. 


Cioppino. This dish is filled with goodness. It's an Italian seafood stew made with San Marzano tomatoes and fresh basil, and filled with chunks of salmon, ahi, and cod, plus shrimp, mussels, half a lobster tail, and sopressata. It's ridiculously tasty and is perfect for a chilly fall night. 






Your Place
Santa Barbara 

This restaurant made me feel like I walked into Thailand. It's run by a Thai family, who have turned the  hole-in-the-wall location into an exotic escape. It's super casual, but the attentional to detail in the ambiance and the food make it feel super authentic. Everything I tasted had such amazing flavor and spice, and the overall experience was so delightful. I love this little gem!

Vegetable and noodle egg rolls with sweet and sour dipping sauce. 


Add a glass of wine, and you have the perfect way to start a meal : ) 


Chicken satay with peanut sauce and cucumber salad. The chicken had a beautiful subtle marinade and was cooked perfectly. The peanut sauce, however, could have had more spice and flavor. Overall, good dish. 


Chicken in yellow curry with onions and potatoses. Perfectly sweet with a nice heat. Definitely one of the best yellow curries I've had. 


Girl's night! We definitely all cleared out plates.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment